Wage Garnishment

Wage Garnishment

Q: I have benn summons to a garnishment of wages in the state of Arizona. Also it shows that I have a middle name which I do not will that make a difference? Now what are my options or steps (as I can’t afford the 25% garnishments) to stop the garnishment as I recieved the summons from my employer.

A: You may be able to work out a payment plan with the creditor, but the odds of them accepting a payment plan after judgment and submission of a writ of garnishment is slim. You may be able to reduce the 25% if that amount would cause a hardship. Fill out the form your employer should be giving you and request a hearing to reduce the 25%.

You may want to consider bankruptcy as a possible option because once a bankruptcy is filed the garnishment will be stopped. If you have other debts like credit card, medical bill, or deficiencies from repossessions, you may want to consult a Tuscon bankruptcy attorney to evaluate a possible bankruptcy.

* You and I do not have an attorney-client relationship formed by our communications on this website. Advice given by me on this website is general advice based on partial information. You should not rely on any advice given without first hiring a lawyer in the area where the case is pending, and providing that lawyer with full information.

Answered by Parker Evan Bornmann, Tucson AZ Bankruptcy Attorney.
Re-Posted from AVVO Legal Questions and Answers.

Leave a Reply